Now your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 handguard can match the look and feel of your existing AR platform. The thread adapter converts your “non-removable” handguard to any standard threaded AR-style handguard.
This adapter is a high-quality engineered item fits perfectly on your Smith & Wesson M&P15-22. It has the added benefit of being a heat-sink. It helps pull the damaging heat away from the chamber and feed throat area into your aluminum handguard, and out to the atmosphere, maximizing consistency.
Turned on state-of-the-art CNC turning centers from 6061 T6 billet aluminum, and protected with a black hard coat anodized finish. Anodized to Type III Mil-Spec for a long service life. Our military items are anodized at the same facility at the same time, and are 100% designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA.
You will still need the M&P15-22 Barrel Nut Wrench to remove the stock barrel nut. Available HERE
The “modified” handguard converter nut requires the following permanent modifications of your upper to close the gap between the back of the barrel nut and the front of the Picatinny rail, bringing the gap down from 1/4 inch to 3/32 inch.
- Full removal of bottom indexing tab
- Partial or full removal of the top indexing tab
- Handguard Converter Nut has the same 1.25-18 outside thread as most AR-15 uppers.
- Hard-coat anodized to a Type III MIL-SPEC specification.
- Simple, step-by-step instructions are included.
- Designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA.