GPSMAP 66i GPS Handheld and Satellite Communicator
- Large 3” sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center; two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual subscription); includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- When paired with a compatible smartphone, you can access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
- Compatible with the Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities, and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours in 10-minute tracking mode and 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking intervals
1Satellite subscription required.
NOTICE: Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications devices. It is the responsibility of the user to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used.
Know the way.
Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS and GLONASS) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
Navigate every trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
BIRDSEYE SATELLITE IMAGERY
Download high-resolution, photo-realistic maps directly to your device without an annual subscription. Easily find trails, pick stand locations, find parking, create waypoints and more.
PRELOADED TOPO MAPS
Preloaded TopoActive U.S. and Canada maps show you terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points.
Stay in touch by using inReach technology.
Exchange text messages with loved ones, post to social media, or communicate from inReach to inReach in the field (satellite subscription required).
INTERACTIVE SOS ALERTS
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to GEOS, a professional 24/7 global monitoring and response center (satellite subscription required).
Track your location, and share it with those at home or out in the field. They’ll be able to see your progress or ping your device for your GPS location and more (satellite subscription required).
100% GLOBAL IRIDIUM® SATELLITE NETWORK
Instead of relying on cellphone coverage, now your messages, SOS alerts and tracking are transferred via the global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required).
OPTIONAL INREACH WEATHER
Use inReach connectivity to get detailed weather updates on GPSMAP 66i or a compatible device paired with the Garmin Explore™ app. Request weather forecasts for your current location, waypoints or destinations on your route.
When paired with your compatible smartphone, you can get real-time forecast information and live weather radar, so you’re always aware of the surrounding conditions.
Be adventure ready.
BUILT FOR ADVENTURE
This handheld is built to military standards for thermal, shock and water performance (MIL-STD-810), and it’s even compatible with night vision goggles.
The GPSMAP 66 series helps you keep gear to a minimum with a built-in LED flashlight that can be used as a beacon to signal for help.
GARMIN EXPLORE APP
Plan, review and sync waypoints, routes and tracks by using the Garmin Explore mobile app and website. You can even review completed activities while still in the field.
Turn on Expedition mode, and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.
The information below is required for social login
Create New Account